I have started my own “business” with some holistic products called Shaman Scents, please check it out here.
I call this whole deal “my quest to shamanism.”
So far, I have mastered:
- Blue Lotus
- Silver Sage
- St. John’s Wort
- Saw Palmetto
- Wild Dagga
- Yerba Mate
- General oils
- Liquid herbal extracts
And I’ve dabbled with others, talk to me for more details.
Here are some articles from Bouncing Bear Botanicals.
I am hoping to attend workshops in the future at the Foundation of Shamanic Studies.
And thanks to MAPS for providing this interesting reading list:
- LSD – My Problem Child
by Dr. Albert Hofmann Ph.D. First published in German in 1979. The English translation was first published in 1980. A Russian translation (MS Word | PDF), a Polish Translation (MS Word | PDF), a Chinese Translation and a Japanese Translation are also available.
- The Road To Eleusis: Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries
by Carl A. Ruck, Albert Hofmann, R. Gordon Wasson, Jeremy Bigwood, Jonathan Ott, Carl A. P. Ruck, Huston Smith, Danny Staples
- Guided by the Moon: Shamanism and the Ritual Use of Ayahuasca in the Santo Daime Religion in Brazil.
by Edward McRae, PhD. Courtesy of the Núcleo de Estudos Interdisciplinares sobre Psicoativos (NEIP).
- Thanatos to Eros, 35 Years of Psychedelic Exploration
by Myron Stolaroff (1994)
- Ketamine: Dreams and Realities
by Karl Jansen, M.D., Ph.D. (2000, 2004)
- The Secret Chief
by Myron Stolaroff (1997)
- The Secret Chief Revealed
by Myron Stolaroff (2004), an expanded and revised 2nd edition of The Secret Chief. Also available in PDF format.
- The Yage Drinker
by Fernando Payaguaje (Available as a single PDF File) Cover Image
Any donations will be forwarded to Pablo Yepez of the VIHOMA Foundation, who manages a small fund that supports Secoyas when they need medical treatment in Quito, the capital of Ecuador
- Remembrances of LSD Therapy Past
by Betty Grover Eisner, Ph.D. (2002) (also in pdf)
- Handbook for the Therapeutic Use of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25: Individual and Group Procedures
by Duncan Blewett, Ph.D and N. Chwelos, M.D (1959)
- Through the Gateway of the Heart : Accounts of Experiences with MDMA and other Empathogenic Substances
edited by Sophia Adamson and Ralph Metzner (1985)
- Storming Heaven
Jay Steven’s riveting book on the spread and cultural impact of LSD in America. This book is a meticulous and thorough story of the people and events that brought about a major culture shift. It’s refreshingly free of Timothy Leary-style advocacy and idealism and fun to read. (The entire book is free!)
- Drugs & Mysticism: An Analysis of the Relationship between Psychedelic Drugs and Mystical Consciousness
A thesis presented by Walter Norman Pahkne to The Committee on Higher Degrees in History and Philosophy of Religion in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the subject of Religion and Society.
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, June 1963
- Acid Dreams: The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, The Sixties, and Beyond
Martin A. Lee and Bruce Shlai
- Hallucinogens and Culture
Peter T. Furst’s book is an introduction to psychedelic drugs in their cultural and historical context, stressing their important role in religion, ritual, magic and curing.
- The Varieties of Psychedelic Experience
R.E.L Masters and Jean Houston’s sober and authoritative appraisal avoids the starry-eyed claims and the fiery denunciations of the pro and con factions, while shedding new light on the possibilities and the limitations of these drugs, as well as on the techniques for working with them.